This feature is available for the Starter, Pro, Business, Business+, Basic, Real Estate, Construction plan users as well as the new Construction Solution and Enterprise Dashboard users.
Necessary permission: Enterprise Admin, Group Manager or Project Manager as well as Project Owner, Project Admin, and Project Editor of any project type.
The “Show/hide groups” action can be used in combination with any custom 2D and 3D objects, action objects, and markups. Group any number of objects in a scene to hide or show these objects collectively.
- Add your objects/markups to the scene.
- Switch to the object list tab (first tab in the object panel from the left).
- Click on the -button to create one or more new groups.
- Optionally: Rename the folders by double-clicking on the folder name.
- Add the objects you already added to the scene by drag and drop to the folder(s) .
- Optionally: Remove the checkmark next to the folder to have the content of the folder/the objects in your scene hidden by default .
- Add a new object to the scene that you want to use as “toggle switch” to show and hide the objects of a group/folder.
- Select the newly added object and switch to the last tab in the object panel (first tab from the right).
- Click on “Show/hide group” to add the action to the selected object.
- Select a folder from the drop-down list that should be associated with this object switch and save.
Continue reading to find a more detailed description below.
Create a group
Navigate to the first tab (‘Organize your Objects‘) in the right-hand side panel. Here you will find an overview of all added 2D and 3D texts or objects. Single click on an object to select it or double-click to rename it. This way you can better keep track of your objects.
Click the button to add a group. Double click on the group name to change it if desired. Now, you can simply drag and drop any of the object listed above into the group folder. If a group folder contains one or more objects, you will be able to expand the folder content by clicking on the icon.
Note that you first need to add new objects etc. to your scene to be listed here. Also note, that the object list is only related to the content of the currently selected scene. In order to see the related object of another scene or TimeTravel, you need to switch to that scene or TimeTravel.
Remove objects from a group either by dragging and dropping the corresponding object into another group folder or even no group at all. Alternatively, you can also remove the object completely, by selecting it and clicking on the recycling bin .
Hide or show groups
Any object group will be visible in a scene by default. However, you can change whether a group of objects should show or not when you are first loading a scene. Set the checkmark to have your object group shown when loading a scene. Remove the checkmark to hide the group by default.
Note that, when deselecting the checkmark, your objects contained in that group will also disappear from the scene in the editor. If you want to edit an object contained in a hidden group, it is best to first make the group visible again.
Attach the hide/show action
The hide/show functionality is an action which can be attached to any 2D or 3D object you plant in a scene. To show or hide an object group in the player, you need to add a kind of trigger. Select the object you want to use as a switch to hide or show any object groups. Open now the ‘Action menu’ either by right-clicking the selected object and choosing ‘Change action’ from the context menu, or navigating directly to the panel on the right and opening the tab .
Select a group
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.